Why Nagarjuna is one of the most trusted brands in Kerala Ayurveda?
Nagarjuna is one of the most trusted brands in Ayurveda. In the past two decades, Kerala Ayurveda has become a brand for health seekers across the globe. There are many Ayurvedic centres mushroomed all across the state in the last few years. Majority of them are attached to hotels and resorts. They lack the authentic touch and feel of Ayurveda, and focus mainly on leisure or spa treatments. In many of these places, core Ayurvedic principles are diluted.
- Nagarjuna approaches Ayurveda in a very serious manner and stand for classical practice of Ayurvedic principles. We are a serious Ayurveda hospital with strict adherence to all classical practices along with being authentic and scientific. Everything from a patient’s admission to discharge is taken under the control and supervision of our experienced physicians.
- For providing personal care and better service, we have developed the concept of Family Physician. A doctor will be assigned to a patientupon their arrival to Nagarjuna hospital. The attached doctor will be available right from the patients detailed primary clinical consultation with Chief Physician to administrate the inhouse treatments and to post discharge clinical advices. To ensure quality of treatment as designed by the chief physicians, we have this team of family physicians who monitor the actual treatment on a daily basis. Our doctor to patient ratio is around 1:5.
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre is supported by its parent organization Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Group for all kind of medical requirements. All medicines are made by us in our factory, and the range of 570 medicines gives us the flexibility to administer the most appropriate medicines for patient’s particular disease condition.
- At Nagarjuna we believe a peaceful mind is an important component for better response to the physical treatment. We integrate the best of Therapeutic Yoga, Meditation, Naturopathy and Physiotherapy with Ayurveda so that the treatment expands itself to the mental levels.
- Our diseases or toxin buildup is closely related to our unwholesome lifestyle especially our food. The diet is specially designed Satwic food with inputs from our doctors as well as the naturopath. The food could be individualized also vary depending on the progress of the treatment. The right diet helps to drastically increase receptivity to treatment..
NAGARJUNA AYURVEDA GROUP PROFILE
Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates Ltd
- The flagship company of the group Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates Ltd. was established at Alakode Panchayat near Thodupuzha in the district of Idukki in Kerala. It is about 70 Kms away to the east from the Metropolitan City of Cochin
- The first to take the franchise model of business to service health needs on a wide scale across the country, particularly the rural areas. Today these retail outlets number over 1000 both within Kerala and other states of India.
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Group is the first to create synergy between Aryavaidya and Ashtavaidya schools of thought in Ayurveda, as well as contemporary integrated science.
- An integrated, comprehensive approach to Ayurvedic resurgence, encompassing manufacturing, treatments, research, medicinal plants, education & training.
- A strong knowledge base in traditional Ayurveda
- Easy Access to the knowledge and the practices of traditional vaidyans and the tribal medicine.
- A wide product range, covering classical, proprietary and OTC (Over The Counter) products – Over 570.
- Manufacturing facility of Nagarjuna has G.M.P. (Good Manufacturing Practices) certification.
- Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates Ltd is an ISO 9001: 2000 company.
- R&D (Research and Development) Laboratory approved by D.S.I.R. ( Department of Scientific and Industrial Research) , Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Approved lab by Govt. of India for conducting experiments on Animals as a registered member with the C.P.C.S.E.A (Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals).
- Approved by PLIM (Pharmacopoeia Laboratory of Indian Medicine) , for carrying out tests for identity, purity, quality and strength of Ayurvedic, Siddha or Unani medicines (finished products).
Nagarjuna Research & Development
- R&D Laboratory set up in 1994.
- Process R & D for production process standardization.
- Most modern equipment for testing and inspection.
- Raw material standardization and sharing the technology with the industry.
- Product development as per contemporary standards.
- Collaborative Research in understanding the rationality of Ayurveda vis-à-vis modern scientific view point in cooperation with Central Food Technology Research Institute, Mysore, Sri Chitra Thirunal Institute for Medical Science & Technology, Thiruvananthapuram and Kasthurba Gandhi Medical College, Manipal.
- Research into basic Ayurvedic process and folklore medicines, which include Process Standardization and formation of Database & Product Standardization.
- Development of new products.
- Changed the presentation of the traditional dosages to the convenient and modern forms:
- Kashayams in hard Gelatin Capsules
- Lepams as Ointments
- Gulikas (Pills) as Tablets
- Developed a range of very effective and fast acting drugs, with modern administration & form of Balms, Ointments, Syrups and tablets.
- SpecialtyTreatment protocols developed for the following diseases,
- Spine related problems
- Prameham (Diabetes Mellitus)
- Vathavyadhi (Rheumatic Diseases)
- Kasam&Swasam (Respiratory Diseases)
- PurushaVandhyatha (Male Fertility Issues)
- Kushtarogam (Skin Diseases)
- Streerogam (Gynecological Diseases)
- ManasikaRogam (Mental Disorders)
- Gastro Intestinal Disorders
- Arbudam (Malignant & Non-Malignant Growths)
- Netra Rogas (Eye Diseases)
Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre
- NAGARJUNA AYURVEDIC CENTRE provides the entire range of classical ayurvedic treatments, including the Kerala’s special treatments strictly according to traditional protocols.
- NAGARJUNA AYURVEDIC CENTRE caters to customers from abroad as well as from other states in India.
- As on today Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre has treated more than Ten Thousand patients from 70+ countries
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre is accredited by NABH, a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organisations.
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre is certified by ISO 9001 : 2008 for operating at the highest quality standards, focusing on customer satisfaction and delivering the best.
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre is a GREEN LEAF accredited hospital, the highest recognition from Kerala Government for centre’s providing traditional treatments with modern facilities and ambience.
- Winner of AHMA awards for
- The BEST CASE SHEET & DOCUMENTATION in the State of Kerala
- The BEST PANCHAKARMA THEATRE in the State of Kerala
- Kerala State Government award for the Best Approved Classified Ayurvedic Centre on 2002-03.
- Kerala State Government award for the Best Treatment Centre on 2003 – 04.
Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Institute
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Institute (NAI) is another venture of Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Group for the training of Ayurvedic Therapists and nurses.
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Institute provides identification and training of technical staff including Doctors, Therapists, Nurses etc in KeraleeyaKriyakramas and Panchakarma Therapies for Ayurveda Hospitals.
- In-house training and Re – orientation programs for physicians of other systems and ayurvedic students from different parts of India and abroad.
- Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Institute – trained &developed more than 100 technicians who are presently working in various centres in India & abroad.
Nagarjuna Social Service Society
- Nagarjuna Social Service Society (N.S.S.S) realizes the social objective of propagation and awareness of Ayurveda System, Medicinal plant cultivation, conservation of rare and endangered plants etc.
- First to initiate massive propagation programme like establishing Devaranyam for medicinal trees.
- First to initiate training for good harvesting practises.
- Training for good cultivation practises.
- Training for good preservation practises.
- Flagman of conservation of endangered medicinal plants.