How Nagarjuna Can Help You!
- Get detoxified for energy-filled life
- Improved metabolism and immunity
- Pain free and flexible body
- Awareness on healthy life through food and exercise
- Exposure to basic principles of Ayurveda and its relevance in modern world
What is Panchakarma ?
Five major procedures to eliminate the toxins from the nearest orifice are popularly called Panchakarma. The concept of cleansing the body is innate to Ayurveda and has been borrowed by allied sciences like Yoga. No other medical system in the world has the science of body-mind detoxification.
The body contains millions of cells and they have their own metabolism. Every metabolism will produce something good and leave behind something bad (toxins). That’s the concept of Ayurveda. Body is like an automobile. When there is combustion and the vehicle runs, a lot of energy is created to propel the vehicle forward. Along with that lot of carbon and waste are also left behind. This is removed from regular service otherwise the performance of the vehicle is affected. Likewise the body also needs regular cleansing to keep it healthy.
All the above three are equally important. But in Kerala Panchakarma therapy, equal importance is given to the first and third step also. We believe that if proper accumulation of toxins are not done, the elimination procedure becomes namesake. Likewise, if importance is not given to after care, immunity of the person is affected. Panchakarma is undergone both as a preventive and curative mechanism. Annual cleansing is the tradition followed in Kerala.
Panchakarma Treatment Therapies
Phase 1 – Poorva Karma
Firstly, all the toxins are dislodged from where ever it is and brought to the gut by administering fats (oil or ghee) externally and/or internally followed by applying heat.
Phase 2 – Pradhana Karma
Secondly, these are expelled out of the body by 5 procedures (Panchakarma)
- Vamana (Emesis)
- Virechana (Purgation)
- Vasti (Medicated Enema)
- Nasya (Nasal Medication)
- Raktamoksha (Blood Letting).
Phase 3 – Pashchath Karma
Thirdly, the body has to be brought back to normal condition and rejuvenated starting with restricted diet and mild activity and gradually increasing it.
All the above three are equally important. But in Kerala Panchakarma therapy, equal importance is given to the first and third step also. We believe that if proper accumulation of toxins are not done, the elimination procedure becomes namesake. Likewise, if importance is not given to after care, immunity of the person is affected. Panchakarma is undergone both as preventive and curative mechanism. Annual cleansing is the tradition followed in Kerala.
- Under 18 Years
- 18 – 25 Years
- 25 – 35 Years
- 35 – 50 Years
- Above 50 years
- Non Vegetarian
- Non – Smoker and Non – Drinker
- Smoking Habits
- Drinking Habits
- Smoking + Drinking Habbits
- Blood Sugar
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Issues
- Other Health Problems
- Below 90
- 90 – 140
- 140 – 180
- Above 180
Panchakarma, the comprehensive Ayurvedic therapy for ultimate mind-body cleansing, involves five types of Ayurvedic therapeutic measures to detoxify the body and successfully eliminate disease causing toxic elements.It is often undertaken for the purification of the body, as Ayurveda highly recommends body purification and detoxification before starting a therapy or a treatment. Apart from Ayurvedic detoxification, Panchakarma is also recommended to strengthen the immune system of the body in order to restore the overall balance and well-being. According to Ayurveda, good health is one of essentialities to boost the metabolic activities of our body. Lacks the strength and stamina to complete the digestion process makes our body vulnerable to the accumulation of toxins, as they easily get ultimately deposed in our bodily tissues and thus creating an imbalance that would ultimately lead to diseases. Panchakarma can help to prevent this with traditional Ayurvedic cleansing processes that completely flush out the toxins, and successfully restore the innate health and healing ability.
Nagarjuna’s Panchakarma Therapy involves a fivefold cure, depending on patient’s Ayurvedic constitutional type, imbalances of doshas, age, digestive strength, the level of immunity, individual needs, and many other factors.
This 5 fold treatment therapies include special Ayurvedic diets for body cleansing, several consecutive days of deep relaxation and rejuvenation therapies, traditional Ayurvedic cleansing treatments like hot oil massages, steam baths, and mild herbal enemas.
Panchakarma programs basically involve the following major therapies apart from some minor methods:
- Abhyanga (Poorva Karma) – This is a massage using warm herbal oil, often done by experienced Panchakarma and massage therapists. The herbal oil used in Abhyanga is selected based on our body constitution. Abhyanga can help dilute the excess amount of doshas in our body, and eliminate them in a very healthy way.
- Shirodhara (Poorva Karma) – During Shirodhara, the masseur slowly pours a stream of luke warm oil over the forehead, followed by a complete relaxing head massage
- Nasya (Pradhana Karma) – Nasal therapy in Ayurveda
- Swedana (Pradhana Karma) – Ayruvedic and herbal sweat therapy can help open the pores and get rid of the impurities in our body, through the sweat glands
- Vasthi (Pradhana Karma) – It’s a gentle Ayurvedic medicated enema
- Udvartanam (Poorva Karma) – Ayurvedic massage using herbal powders
- Pizhichil (Poorva Karma) – Relaxing oil bath massage.
- Kati Vasthi (Poorva Karma) – Ayurvedic treatment for lower back
- UroVasthi (Poorva Karma) – Ayurvedic warming procedure for the chest area and the heart
Some of the benefits of Panchakarma treatments are as follows :
- Removes the root cause vulnerability to diseases.
- Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Boosts your immune system.
- Balances body’s vital systems.
- Remove disease causing toxins.
- Increases physical and mental efficiency.
- Improves skin complexion.
- Helping in shedding extra weight
- Help alleviate insomnia, anxiety and mental problem.
- Increases vigour and stamina
- Increases the flexibility of joints