Dr.Sajith Varma, B.A.M.S
( Director, Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre Ltd )
- Chief Physician – Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre ( 1996-2008)
- Florence Ayurvedic Institute, Florence, Italy
- Ayurvedic Institute, Herten (Germany)
Dr. K. Krishnan Namboodiri, born in a family with Ayurvedic and Vedic tradition.He has learned Vedas from his father from the age of 5 . He became a scholar in Sanskrit, Vedas,Ayurveda and Spiritual Rituals, in the traditional way from his father.He has successfully completed the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery-B.A.M.S. (Ayurveda Acharya) from Coimbatore Ayurveda College as 5th Batch (from 1982 to 89).After his degree,he joined Ayurveda college, Coimbatore, South India as Tutor.After working in AVC for about an year he got the high level of motivation and lighted a lamp of inspiration for spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda and later he had joined with Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Group.
Dr. Krishnan Namboodiri became very popular as an eminent Ayurveda Physician and together with his growth he has developed Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre, Kalady in all respects and his notable Institutional and individual achievements are as follows.
- As the Chief Physician of Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre, Kalady, Dr.K.Krishnan Namboodiri has successfully treated more than 4000 patients from all over the world who has got sufficient relief (both Foreigners and Domestic) for the diseases like Diabetics, Psoriasis, Muscular Skeletal Diseases, Digestive disorders, Eye diseases, Sinusitis, Piles, Gynecological problems, Old-age complaints, Obesity, Paraplegia, Stress and strain-related problems etc.
- Under his leadership, Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Center has won the prestigious Green Leaf Certificate from Government of Kerala, for providing High Quality Ayurvedic Treatments and Accommodation consecutively for 2 times.(In 2003 and 2006)
- In the year 2003, Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Centre has got the prestigious State Award for the Best Approved and Classified Ayurvedic Center from Government of Kerala for giving Traditional Scientific Ayurvedic Treatments.
- Krishnan Namboodiri could prove that serious Ayurveda and medical tourism can go together without giving any compromises to the dialution of the basics of Ayurveda.
- As the Manager, Production, Nagarjuna Herbal Concentrates Limited, he has made his contributions in Product Development and have done research for bringing out new effective formulations for specific diseases.
- Considering his untiring efforts and contributions to Ayurveda, Kerala Youth Guidance Movement has recognized him with BHISHAK BHUSHAN AWARD -2004. This award was presented to him by P.Parameswaran in a fabulous function held at Kalady.
- Rotary International, RI Dist.3200 also recognized his social activities and thereby selected him as best social worker in the district in the year of 2006-07 and also selected him as the Best President in the District.
- His presentation on Ayurveda was broadcasted in Italian Television (RAI, Rome)
- A series of Ayurveda Awareness Programme by Dr Krishnan Namboodiri was broadcasted by Jeevan TV in 30 episodes.
- As a faculty of Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Institute, he has lot experience in giving Ayurvedic classes for foreign students also. He is the visiting faculty and technical advisor of International Ayurveda Academies situated in various countries.
- During his Europe Trip in 2002 , he was invited by the 5TH INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON TRADITIONAL ASIAN MEDICINE (ICTAM) in Halle (Saale), Germany from August 18 to 24, 2002. Dr Krishnan Namboodiri presented a thesis on Classical and Traditional Approach of Ayurveda in the Management of Diabetis Mellitus which was appreciated by a large number of audience from the scientific world.
- Presented scientific papers and conducted consultations and awareness programmes on Ayurveda in the Indian Embassy,Rome,Italy.
- Until now, Dr.Krishnan Namboodiri, have conducted many awareness programmes and seminars in Kerala (including World Ayurveda Congress,Kerala Travel mart,Tourism and Health Exhibitions,Swadeshi Science Movement, etc..) and various foreign countries .
- For the purpose of spreading Ayurveda, he has visited various foreign countries in 2002, 2004 ,2006,2007,2008,2010 & 2012 like Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Denmark, Austria, Sweden, Finland, South Africa,U.K and U.A.E to give consultations, Classes, presented papers in various subjects and to participate in Ayurvedic seminars .