How Nagarjuna Can Help You!
- Pain is managed really well with therapies and medicines
- Stiffness reduction promotes mobility
- Back strengthening therapies for pain and stiffness
- Coupled with integrated services for toning of muscle
- Proper follow-up advise for long lasting results
How Nagarjuna Can Help You!
- Aliquam erat volutpat
- Nulla congue sed dui at imperdiet
- Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra
- Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus.
- Aliquam ligula sapien, porttitor in luctus nec, fringilla a lorem.
- Etiam a dolor sed ante scelerisque ultricies non at urna.
Back and Neck Pain
Spine related issues definitely cripple a person. The Spine is the main foundation on which the whole body stands. What we mostly come across are spine issues due to a sedentary lifestyle.
We have muscles inserted between each vertebra. These muscles when toned act as shock absorbers. They keep the spine in place and thereby help the spine stay erect. Good or bad, man is the only erect animal in this world and we have to take the advantages and disadvantages of it. We haven’t heard of any other animal suffering from disc prolapse or hernia. Gravity pulls everything down and obviously, the spine is also pulled down. But strong and toned soft tissues keep it in place and prevent it from prolapsing. Any injury or jerk will lead to the prolapse of the spine. An extended abdomen will also bend the spine forwards.
Disc prolapse at different levels, cervical or lumbar (most common) can also be handled by surgery if it is due to some injury. But otherwise the prolapse would have happened due to poor lifestyle. Surgery is not an option. If strengthening of the soft tissues is not done, the next joint will prolapse.
Our treatment focuses on strengthening and toning the muscles and soft tissues. Proper follow-up and mild to moderate life style changes is definitely the right way of handling spine issues.
According to Ayurveda, back and neck pain mainly occurs due to poor or unhealthy diet and bad posture, which in turn results in the lack of flexibility of the muscles, causing severe pain in the upper, middle or lower back. As the pain continues to aggravate, it tends to spread to both the sides of the waist as well as the hip. Although back pain can be associated with a number of reasons, spinal disc problems, ligament injuries, injuries from sprains, fractures, or accidents, and pelvic inflammatory diseases are considered to be the major causes
To put it precisely, back pain can mainly occur due to:
- Sedentary lifestyle, stressful jobs, anxiety, depression, obesity, smoking, strenuous physical exercises, and physical works.
- Spinal cord infections that cause fever and lethargy
- Spinal cord tumours that compress the spine and nerve roots, thus causing excruciating pain.
- Hereditary – Certain causes of back pain, including ankylosing spondylitis (a kind of arthritis that affects the spinal cord), are hereditarily transferred from one generation to the other.
If not completely, back pain can be effectively controlled to a certain extent with the following day-today activities :
- Regular exercises will help keep your back muscles strong and healthy.
- Walking can keep your stomach as well as back muscles healthy.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Try to maintain healthy and safe postures.
- Avoid heavy lifting whenever possible.
Ayurveda cites imbalance of Vatadosha as the main reason for back pain, which is called NitambhaShoola in traditional Ayurvedic texts. This can occur due to muscle and/or bone weaknesses, the reason why most of the Ayurvedic treatments for back pain focus on regaining the balance of Vatadosha.
A few of the common traditional Ayurvedic treatment patterns for back pain or lumbago includes :
- Use of medicinal herbs
- Ayurvedic diets
- Upanaha or medicinal poultice
- Dhanyamla dhara or pouring of fermented medicated liquid
- Vasthi (medicinal enema)