Etiam a dolor sed ante scelerisque ultricies non at urna. Suspendisse quis euismod quam, vel varius augue. Pellentesque eleifend lectus vitae est scelerisque iaculis. Curabitur maximus pretium ex in facilisis.
How Nagarjuna Can Help You!
- We assist you in making you independent
- Pain is managed really well with therapies and medicines
- Strengthening the muscles of affected joints.
- Coupled with integrated services, toning of the muscles are done
- Soft tissues around the joint are activated assisting in climbing
Arthritis is inflammation of the joint. The main symptoms are pain and/or stiffness. Usually arthritis is a condition experienced as one grows old. Most common is 50+. Arthritis is general can be classified as 2, degenerative and infective. Both are conditions which are not very easy to handle.
Degeneration is the law of nature. But it can be definitely slowed down if it is happening due to lifestyle issues. One major factor leading to degenerative arthritis is sedentary life and constant trauma on the joints due to excess weight. Weight bearing joints like knees, hip and ankles get affected faster due to obesity and they degenerate faster. Injury and improper handling of the joint can also lead to arthritis.
Infective arthritis are many, but the most common one is Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). This is an auto-immune condition where in all the joints (especially the small) gets inflamed. This if not handled properlycan lead to disfiguration of the joints. Steroids are usually prescribed for this condition.
Treatment approach for both is slightly different. In the infective type, we have to handle the inflammation first before doing treatment for the joint directly. In Most of the conditions, the inflammation is throughout the body even though it is exhibited only locally. But ultimately, forboth, the treatment is to strengthen the muscles around the joint and tone the soft tissues. Mild to moderate lifestyle changes are also needed to have sustained results.
Gouty Arthritis is a medical condition characterized by recurrent attacks of acute inflammatory arthritis—a red, tender, hot, swollen joint. The metatarsal-phalangeal joint at the base of the big toe is the most commonly affected. Gout is very rare in women but usually affects men. In women it is seen after menopause.
Signs and Symptoms and Cause
Along with the Metatarsal-Phalangeal joint, other joints, such as the heels, knees, wrists, and fingers, may also be affected. Joint pain usually begins over 2–4 hours and during the night. Fever, Swelling, pricking pain, Itching, Burning sensation, Swollen joints, Change of colour of the skin, Pain and redness in the small joints of the body are the most common symptoms.
Long-standing elevated uric acid levels may result in other symptomatology, including hard, painless deposits of uric acid crystals known as tophi. Extensive tophi may lead to chronic arthritis due to bone erosion. Elevated levels of uric acid may also lead to crystals precipitating in the kidneys, resulting in stone formation and subsequent urate nephropathy.
The crystallization of uric acid, often related to relatively high levels in the blood, is the underlying cause of gout. This can occur for a number of reasons, including diet, genetic predisposition, or under excretion of urate, the salts of uric acid. Under excretion of uric acid by the kidney is the primary cause of hyperuricemia
Ayurvedic Approach to Gouty Arthritis
According to Ayurveda, Gouty Arthritis is VATARAKTHA. For the management of such type of diseases the patients has to under go external therapies(detoxification) as well as internal medications. The external therapies includes Podikkizhi (Herbal powder bag massage) , Elakizhi(Herbal leaf bag massage) , Njavara (Medicinal grains bag massage), Pizhichil (Medicated oil bath). The purification therapies include Virechana(purgation) and Vasthi(Enema). By these therapies(Panchakarma-purification therapies) and medications the factors causing for the arthritis can be eliminated leading to remarkable reduction in the presenting complaints, and the joints and related structures are re-enforced against further degeneration.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a group of mechanical abnormalities involving degradation of joints, including articular cartilage and sub-chondral bone.
Signs and symptoms and causes
The main symptom is pain. It is generally described as a sharp ache or a burning sensation in the associated muscles and tendons. OA can cause a crackling noise when the affected joint is moved. People may experience muscle spasms and contractions in the tendons. Occasionally, the joints may also be filled with fluid. Some people report increased pain associated with climate, atmospheric pressure, high humidity.
Mechanical damage with insufficient self-repair by joints is believed to be the primary cause of osteoarthritis. Reasons for the mechanical damage may include: misalignments of bones caused by congenital or pathogenic causes; mechanical injury; excess body weight, loss of strength in the muscles supporting a joint. Impairment of peripheral nerves, leading to sudden or uncoordinated movements can also cause OA. Changes in sex hormone levels may play a role in the development of OA as it is more prevalent among post-menopausal women than among men of the same age.
Ayurvedic Approach to Osteoarthritis
According to Ayurveda, osteoarthritis is SANDHIGATHAVATHA, caused by the vitiation of Vata Dosha. Ayurveda can offer some effective, long lasting and safe remedy for this chronic disease. Logic behind Ayurvedic treatment is to reduce the inflammation in the first face of the treatment and to reinforce the structures in and around the joints with the second phace of the treatments. With the Ayurvedic treatments we could able to prevent further degeneration.
Some special local treatments like lepanam (medicinal paste application), pichu (oil pad application), januvasthy are very important in reducing the pain and controlling the speed of degeneration in the joints.
The patient has to undergo a detoxification as well as purification treatments(panchakarma)in which you will get external therapies like elakizhi (leaf bag massage),pizhichil(oil bath),Njavara(rice bag massage) etc, and purification treatments like purgation and vasthy(enema).There are certain Internal herbal medicines which will help to prevent the disease process, degeneration and to improve your immunity.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a chronic, systemic inflammatory disorder that primarily affects joints, It may result in deformed and painful joints, which can lead to loss of function. The disease may also have signs and symptoms in organs other than joints.
Signs and symptoms and causes
RA of joints involves inflammation of the synovial membrane. Joints become swollen, tender and warm, and stiffness limits their movement. With time, multiple joints are affected (it is a polyarthritis). Most commonly involved are the small joints of the hands, feet and cervical spine, but larger joints like the shoulder and knee can also be involved.
RA typically manifests with signs of inflammation, particularly early in the morning on waking or following prolonged inactivity and lasts for more than an hour. As the pathology progresses the inflammatory activity leads to tendon tethering and destruction of the joint surface, which leads to deformity. The rheumatoid nodule, which is sometimes cutaneous, is the feature most characteristic of RA.
RA is a chronic autoimmune disorder the causes of which are still not completely understood. It is a systemic (whole body) disorder principally affecting synovial tissues. The many negative findings suggest that either the trigger varies, or that it might in fact be a chance event inherent with the immune response.
Half of the risk for RA is believed to be genetic. Smoking is the most significant non-genetic risk. Vitamin D deficiency is more common in people with rheumatoid arthritis than in the general population, Chronic anaemia can be a significant cause of RA.
Ayurvedic Approach to Rheumatoid arthritis
According to Ayurveda Rheumatoid arthritis is VATARAKTHA. It manifests due to improper digestion and metabolism. The toxins thus produced are precipitated in the system, which lodges in the joints and erode the structures in and around these joints, leading to severe pain, swelling and effusion, stiffness of the joints, and many more systemic disturbances. It could lead to deformed joints in later stages.
For the management of such type of diseases the patients has to under go a course of external therapies(detoxification) as well as internal medications. The external therapies includes Podikkizhi(powder bag massage) , Elakizhi(leaf bag massage) ,Njavara(rice bag massage), Pizhichil(oil bath) ,Lepanam (medicinal paste application) etc.The patient has to undergo even the purification therapies like Virechana(Purgation) and Vasthy(Enema). By these therapies(Panchakarma-purification therapies) and medications the factors causing for the arthritis can be eliminated leading to remarkable reduction in the presenting complaints, and the joints and related structures are re-enforced against further degeneration.
Remedies to cure Arthritis :
- Ayurvedic method – As Ama and Vata are the main causative factors, a long term remedy for arthritis should include some in-depth treatment methods to digest Ama and reduce Vata. The digestion should slowly improve from time to time, thus reducing the production of Ama, so that no further Ama is created in the long run. This is a slow, steady, and gradual method, and involves a series of authentic Ayurvedic treatments.
- Fasting is highly essential to boost the digestion of Ama. Fasting can either be complete or be partial.
- Light exercises should complement the daily Ayurvedic treatments. The amount and intensity of exercises can vary from person to person, depending on their limits.
- Liberal intake of fruit juices that are rich in Vitamin C will help enhance the effectiveness of the Ayurvedic anti-arthritis treatments. Vitamin C is highly essential to reduce skeletal pain.
- Commiphorawightii, commonly known as Guggal, is a highly effective herb to cure arthritis. Based on its availability, Guggal can be taken in one to three gram doses, twice a day, with warm water, right after meals. But make sure to note that Guggal is not recommended for those with kidney diseases or allergies.
Here are a few anti-inflammatory foods that are beneficial for Arthritis patients :
- Fish such as salmon, mackerel, and tuna – Include fishes in your diet, particularly herring, salmon, mackerel, and sardine, as they are rich on omega 3 fatty acids that help reduce the symptoms of arthritis to a huge extent.
- Arthritis patients should never fail to include ginger in their food, as it can help cure various rheumatic, neurological, and musculoskeletal illnesses. Having around 5 grams of fresh ginger, about three times a day, can help boost digestion, and thus reduce the formation of Ama
- Turmeric- A primary compound in turmeric, curcumin has strong anti-inflammatory effects that help avoid morning stiffness and joint swellings, along with boosting the walking capacity of arthritis patients. According to experts, about 2 weeks of curcumin supplementation (roughly 1200 mg per day) can guarantee better results when compared to the after-effect of having phenylbutazone for two weeks (about 300 mg of phenylbutazone per day).
- Garlic is widely used in several Ayurvedic medicines, particularly in the anti-arthritis drugs that help relieve the symptoms of arthritis markedly. According to experts, garlic is highly effective in reducing arthritis pain, as it can help prostaglandins control the inflammation and subsequent pain.
- Other anti-arthritis foods:Raw juice of potato or bitter gourd have been proven highly effective in reducing arthritis symptoms. Celery, especially its fluid extract, can help decrease arthritis related illness. Green stalk of rhubarb is another beneficial food with immense arthritis healing power.