According to Ayurveda, untimely, improper eating habits clubbed with bad lifestyle vitiates the blood and in turn all the tissues. Thus vitiated blood shows its signs and symptoms throughout the body by exhibiting on the skin through diseases like Psoriasis, eczema, etc..
Kerala Ayurvedic treatment
Since skin diseases localised or all over the body is associated with impure blood, purification of the blood is the main treatment. Psoriasis being an auto immune disorder will need stricter regimen compared to other skin disorders. Takra dhara and pizhicil helps keep the skin clear from all blemishes.
Why Nagarjuna is one of the most trusted brands in Kerala Ayurveda?
- An experience of more than 30 years in Ayurvedic outpatient and inpatient treatment
- Manufacturing over 450 medicines and an all India distribution network with over 18000 ayurvedic doctors prescribing our medicines
- Through our Hospital we have so far treated more than 7,500 patients from around 70 countries globally
- A fully fledged ISO certified Research & Development division, and NABH certified hospital.
You can avail of a free online consultation with our Ayurvedic physicians. Lifestyle is one of the major reasons for ill-health which could later lead to serious diseases. For an initial assessment of your life style by our physician, please spend one minute in order to fill the lifestyle questionnaire.
A non-infectious yet inflammatory skin disease that affects the life cycle of skin cells, Psoriasis causes visible erythematous plaques on the skin, covered with crusty silver scales. Psoriasis occurs due to excessive cell division in the basal layer of the skin, thus resulting in increased epidermal proliferation. Main symptoms of psoriasis include widespread red patches, severe itching, and severe pain. Although anyone can be affected by psoriasis, it mostly occurs in adults, particularly those with a family history of psoriasis. Environment and immunological factors also play key roles.
Common types of psoriasis are:
1. Psoriasis vulgaris
2. Plaque psoriasis
3. Guttate psoriasis
4. Inverse psoriasis
5. Pustular psoriasis
6. Erythrodermic psoriasis
7. Scalp psoriasis
8. Nail psoriasis
9. Psoriatic arthritis
10. Oral psoriasis
11. Eruptive psoriasis
The treatment for psoriasis is decided based on the following factors:
1. The seriousness of the disease
2. The type of psoriasis
3. The size and intensity of psoriasis patches
4. How the affected patients will react to the medicines and treatments
Ayurveda & Psoriasis:
Although the root cause of the disease us yet to be identified, according to traditional Ayurveda, the vitiation of Vata and Kapha causes psoriasis. As per ayurvedic principles, Vata and Kapha are the two basic energies that uphold the balance of our body equilibrium. Strong genetic predisposition, sun deprivation, and intense streptococcal infection on the upper respiratory tract can badly aggravate psoriasis. As per ayurveda, these conditions are strong enough to create several visible pathological changes that take place are mainly due to the accumulation of dooshi vishas or low potency poisons.
Uneven and unhealthy food habits, consumption of foodstuffs in the wrong combination (Example: dairy products with fish or chicken), too much intake of yogurt, black gram, seafood, sour or salted food stuffs, etc. can trigger the psoriasis inducing pathogenesis. Other catalysts that cause psoriasis includes stress, alcohol, and tobacco consumption
Psoriasis can be effectively treated through panchakarma therapies, which include ayurvedic treatment methods for the complete detoxification of the body, and successful elimination of harmful toxins from the body fluids.
A few health tips for psoriasis patients:
1. Maintain safer distance from the possible variables that cause or aggravate psoriasis
2. Practice yoga regularly. Yoga can lessen the intensity of psoriasis.
3. Avoid pricking, peeling or scratching your skin.
4. Make sure to pat your skin dry after washing, and avoid rubbing vigorously with towel or any rough cloth.
5. Avoid artificial cleansers and use gram flour (besan flour) instead.
6. Use cotton clothes
7. Avoid cold water bath or immediate cleaning up right after heavy work-out, long walks, or travel.
8. Avoid food stuffs that can cause indigestion.
9. Avoid excessive salty and acidic food stuffs, radish, urad dal, sesame, jaggery (gur), curds, fish and other sour food stuffs that can trigger psoriasis.